Class 2 medical
The Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority’s Class 2 medical clearance is less rigorous and mostly issued to private pilots, commercial balloon pilots and student pilots.
Even though you may not be flying commercially, the safety of yourself and others around you is still paramount.
A Class 2 clearance ensures that you are as medically safe as you can be, to avoid causing harm to yourself or others.
What licence categories
are covered by Class 2?
Medical clearances for the following licences are valid for four years if the applicant is below age 40, and valid for two years if over age 40. However, they may have additional conditions or restrictions, depending on individual circumstances:
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot (Balloon) Licence (CPB)
- Student Pilot Licence (SPL)
- Flight Radio Operator Licence (FROL)
What are the
No special medical requirements exist for a class 2 medical certificate, unless clinically indicated by a medical professional. As a result, our DAMEs may be able to issue a class 2 certificate on the spot.
Regular Class 1, 2 and/or 3
- Aviation Medical Examination $245
- Weekend, evening or rural surcharge $30
- Audiology (hearing screening test) $77
- CASA blood tests (glucose and lipids) $77
- ECG $143
- DAME issued medical certificate (“on-the-spot”) fee $77