Class 3 medical clearance
The Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority’s Class 3 medical clearance applies only to holders of an Air Traffic Control Licence (ATCO) and to Flight Service Officers (FSO).
Supervising air traffic is a critical job, which places you in control of many other pilots, as well as their cargo and passengers.
It is imperative that you are medically fit to fulfil such an important position.
What licence categories
are covered by Class 3?
Medical clearances for the following licences are valid for two years. However, they may have additional conditions or restrictions, depending on individual circumstances:
- Flight Service Officer (FSO)
- Air Traffic Control Licence (ATCO)
What are the medical requirements?
For a Class 3 medical clearance, the following tests are required:
- Bloods (At initial application and every 5th and 10th birthday, eg. 25, 30 years etc)
- ECG (At initial application, at 25th and 30th birthday, every 2 years until 40 years and annually thereafter)
- Audiology (At initial application and every 5th and 10th birthday, eg. 25, 30 years etc)
- Ophthalmology (At initial application and every 2 years after the age of 60 years)
All prices include GST
Please note, where complexities are identified that cannot be completed within the standard consultation, these will be charged at an hourly rate of $440/hr